Friday, March 9, 2012

Inventory 2012: Lip Gloss and Lip Pencils

I have actually done pretty well in reducing my lip gloss stash down from what it was two years ago. I know even back then that wasn't a quarter of what a lot of makeup junkies I know own, but bear in mind I'm someone who doesn't actually like lip gloss. I might wear it once or twice a month, and even then it will be a swipe in the morning and maybe another one after lunch if I can be bothered.


Silk Naturals Lip Stain Vamp and Doll. These remind me of the Benefit Lip & Cheek Stains. They're not actually a gloss, but I forgot to include them in lipsticks, so here they are! I haven't used them much, but I do quite like them despite being a little drying.

Urban Decay Lip Junkie Naked. This comes with Naked 2. I haven't tried it yet so I have nothing to say about it.

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Sweet Heart, Gold Pink, Smokey Look. As lip glosses go, these are my favourites. HUGE range of colours, and cheap - especially if you grab them from Cherry Culture or Nonpareil when they have their sales on. They're not sticky and they don't have that weird plastic smell that the NYX Round Lip Glosses have.

Australis Lip Gloss Happy. I picked this up for $3 in Target from a clearance bin and it's still sealed. It's the old Australis branding so who knows how old it is. I'm not sure I want to open it...

Maybelline Super Stay 10 Hr Stain Gloss. Again, not technically a gloss, but this is freakin' awesome. They're not available in Oz yet - and who knows when or if they ever will be. *sigh*

Sleek Pout Paint Milkshake. The povo's OCC Lip Tar. I just bought this in the recent Crush Cosmetics sale out of curiosity. It's okay, but I don't love it. It's too much work - you can't be slapdash with these things. 


From top to bottom:
  • Prescriptives Sheer Lip Pencil Sheer Candy
  • Jordana Easyliner For Lips Retractable Pencil Rock'n Rose
  • LA Colors Auto Lipliner Nude
  • Benefit D'finer D'liner
  • Maybelline Super Stay Lip Liner Icy Beige
  • NYX Lipliner Pencil Tangerine
  • NYX Lipliner Pencil Nude Pink
  • NYX Lipliner Pencil Natural
  • NYX Lipliner Pencil Citrine (plus 2 back ups)

I think I've that's all the relatively 'normal' sized collections done. Next stop, Crazy Town!

12 comments:

  1. Eeeek! I just bought one or maybe two of those Maybelline stain glosses from Cherry Culture, cannot wait till they arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, what? You can get Maybelline on Cherry Culture now? Ruh roh!

      Delete
  2. Any blog post that references the word "povo" is cool with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that's the firs thing I noticed as well - haven't heard that word for years!

      P.S. I so want to jump on board the "glossy stain" bandwagon.

      Delete
    2. Stacey, I don't think we'll be seeing those here for a whlie yet - they came out in the US around the same time as the Color Tattoos. Might be able to pick them up on eBay, I guess.

      Delete
  3. You really don't have all that many glosses, but I guess for someone who doesn't really like gloss, its probably a decent size collection! I'd hate to inventory mine :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't - I did get up to about 40 or so at one point, but I threw out a ton of them, and gave away a bunch I had never even opened.

      Delete
  4. I agree about the pout paints but I still quite like them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look good when you make the effort. I'd probably only bother for special occasions, though.

      Delete
  5. Oh, get out of here! This small lip gloss stash totally justifies the overwhelmingly massive shadow collection. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete