Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Indie Perfume Collection - Part 2

So of course, after posting all those samples, a couple of days later I was looking for some other random thing in a drawer and found a whole stash of more samples that I'd put aside for testing and then forgotten about. I was a bit excited about that actually, because it's like getting something new all over again!

Again, I'm putting the pics behind a cut because there are loads and loads of them.




Darling Clandestine: What Mandy Makes, Hellbender, Pyrotechnik, Small Saga, Aequitas

Darling Clandestine: Carny Wedding (currently my only solid scent - I know there are some OHWTO ones around but I think Noodles might have nicked them)

Darling Clandestine: Tapadero, Circassian, Mad as Birds, Whitefall


Firebird/Flourish: Almond Milk + back up, Woodsmoke & Vanilla, Cinders


Arcana Soaps: What Larks!, Genteel, Estella + back up

Arcana Soaps: Vulgar, Cake Lust, Frilly Underpinnings, Devilish

Haus of Gloi: Troika, Vice. Enchanticals: The Fat Lady, Mermaid Cove

Poison Apple Apothecary: You Bring The Whiskey, Cheshire Moon, Lady Victoria, White Queen's Bouquet, Black Ring Mafia

 The Morbid The Merrier/Sugar and Spite: Horseman, Hasta la Muerte, Katrina


Wiggle Perfume: Little 5, Buxom

Sarawen Perfume Art: Cake or Death, Empress, Ravish



Scent by the Sea: Farnese Gardens, Speakeasy, Egyptian Honey, Cinema Rouge

Haus of Gloi: Peach Mama, Lavender Sugar

Perfumatory Amber del Nepal, Alchemic Muse Carnival, BL Soaps (I think?) Black Amber Musk, Midnight Gypsy A Veil of Stars, Gypsy Rose, Blue Bloods, BPAL Love's Philosophy, Snow White 2008, Firebird Sugar, BPAL Bathsheba

Darling Clandestine Whitefall, The Mindful Mushroom Midsummers Eve, Angel's Essence Aphrodesia, ?? Evil Empress, Twyla Dryad


Still more to come!

5 comments:

  1. More awesomeness! Thanks for sharing! What's your opinion on Scent By the Sea? I've been somewhat interested but haven't been able to find many reviews, and they don't seem to have much of an active online persona. Do you consider them suitably unique or exceptional enough to warrant a try or no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought several sample sets a couple of years ago - one was a range of florals and garden scents and another was more earthy scents and patchoulis. I don't like patchouli so I don't even know what I was thinking buying those. The florals were pretty but I don't recall any of them jumped out at me.

      I really liked Cinema Rouge and Egyptian Honey and had intended to buy full sizes at some point, but I found that after a year or so a lot of the other ones turned, so that put me off. Egyptian Honey still seems okay, but Cinema Rouge smells a bit bodgy and has probably started to go off.

      In short, nice enough but nothing grabbed me that much and they don't seem to be long-termers, which is a deal breaker for me as I never get through a full bottle of perfume oil.

      Delete
    2. Good to know! My collection is so big and I am really trying to pinch pennies so I'm not wanting to add anything unless I really love it or it shows immense promise. I also only want smells with a shelf life that makes it worth the investment. Thanks for your input!

      Delete