Sunday, April 29, 2012

April Empties and Chuckers

My first post with new blogger layout. I HATE NEW BLOGGER LAYOUT.

I haven't been around much of late because my laptop is in the throes of dying and only works sporadically. Since I can't afford a new one at the moment and the only other spare one in the house is Noodles' weeny school one that my stubby Simpsons fingers are way too unco for, I'm not sure when that will change. But let's crack on while we can, shall we?


EMPTIES



Al'chemy Unscented, Wheat Free Very Gentle Conditioner
Repurchase: Yes, probably - though we're using up something else at the moment. Both Noodles and I like this conditioner quite a lot.

Gaia Skincare Geranium & Palmarosa Creamy Cleanser
Repurchase: Yes, this is my second or third bottle. Again, I'm using up some other stuff at the moment but I'll definitely come back to this.

Nivea Intensive Nourishing Hand Cream
Repurchase: Annoyingly, probably yes. This is yet another in a long line of crappy hand creams that I bought on the fly and were never satisfactory.


Maybelline One by One Volum' Express Mascara
Repurchase: Not sure this is an empty, actually - it might be a chucker, though it would have been fairly close to being done. I would not buy this again - I kept poking myself in the eye with the springy rubber brush and it was nothing special on the lashes.

Maybelline Express Care Eye & Lip Makeup Remover
Repurchase: Yep, already got another one on the go. This one cleans off all of my eye makeup without stinging or irritating, and Noodles likes it to clean off her mascara. And it's cheap!

Goldwell Straight Flat Marvel Flattening Balm
Repurchase: No, this was one that Noodles used - she's the hair queen in the house - and she didn't like it.

Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator
Repurchase: Probably not. I did really like this quite a lot, but it's $150 and doesn't have much of anything in the way of useful, active ingredients in it. There's an Aldi serum that feels nice too and costs about $10.

YSL Touche Éclat 
Repurchase: No, this is one of those cult products that I consider pretty useless. I only paid about $30 for it in Chemist Warehouse and it lasted for ages, but it didn't do much of anything. I just used it for the sake of using it.

Haus of Gloi Soft Bubbling Scrub in Parkin
Repurchase: Product, yes. Scent, no. I like these little mini sample scrub jars for using on my hands, but I wasn't keen on the scent of this one.

Wotnot Naturally Nurturing Facial Wipes
Repurchase: No. This is my second pack of these and I really wanted to like them, but... eh. They leave a weird olive oil film or something. They don't seem to remove makeup without having to rub a lot more than I really want to be doing. I know a lot of people love them, and I'm a bit baffled about why, to be honest.

Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
Repurchase: Yes, this is a regular household purchase as both Noodles and I like them. They get all my makeup off really well when I can't be bothered using an oil cleanser or makeup remover.

Pantene Night Miracle Leave On Creme Serum
Repurchase: No. I used this just to use it. It was okay, nothing special.

CHUCKERS

 

Clinique All About Eyes Serum
Repurchase: No. The ball thingie doesn't work on this, and no product comes out. I could probably break it open and put it in a different container, but who can be bothered.

Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Deodorant
Repurchase: No. I have one in Cucumber Grapefruit and Noodles has Refreshing Lemongrass. I'm throwing them out because they're a couple of years old and starting to smell weird. Noodles likes hers in Winter but I don't find mine does anything and I prefer a hardcore anti-perspirant.

Planet Eve Super 5 Eye Firming Gel
Repurchase: No. Not having much luck with eye roller things this month! This one has a clicker thing to dispense the product and that stopped working. Aside from that, if you wear this under makeup it pills and makes your makeup go all flaky. Ugh. 

? Eyez Creme Cream Eyeshadow in Fairy Wings
Repurchase: No. I'm not sure the brand of this - maybe Pure Luxe? I liked it when I first got it but the novelty wore off and it's been banging around in a makeup drawer for the last couple of years. It smells a bit weird so it's going.


Ophelia's Apothecary Lip Love Sugar Scrub
Repurchase: No. I did like this product, but I stopped using it after a while because I'm lazy. I could easily make my own lip scrub if I decided to stop being lazy so I probably wouldn't bother buying one from somewhere else. I'm turfing this because I've had it for a really long time and it's a bit whiffy now.

6 comments:

  1. Always a relief to see things go!

    I don't buy lip scrubs either. I use some sugar and lemon juice when I feel fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, yeah, hate the new blogger. I tested it out when they first released it but switched back. Then they forced the change and while I've adjusted, I still miss the old settings. Bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New blogger seriously sucks. I've heard great things about the Aldi serum, much better than an expensive one even though the EL bottle is really pretty. I don't have many empties this month :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more about touche eclat. I gave mine to a friend who wanted to try it. Did nothing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep reverting back to the old Blogger layout - but I know the end is near. I tested the new layout for one post and yeah, I'm going to shout it out too - I HATED IT!!!! I'm using my last Touche Eclat too for the sake of finishing it - I was such a sucker for these until I looked around and found much better and cheaper! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these posts:) I agree with the the YSL touché éclat, I had I throw mine out- its started rotting and turning bad:(

    ReplyDelete