Sunday, March 11, 2012
Random Things That Irrationally Irritate Me
Anyone who knows me personally knows I am pretty much in a constant state of annoyance about something, and it's usually something smalll, like some old lady trying to push in front of me at the supermarket, or teenage boys walking around with their pants falling down (what the hell is with that?). 99% of the time whatever it is that's annoying me doesn't actually have any effect on me, but that doesn't stop me.
The following is a random list of things that have been irritating me over the last few months. You may find something on this list that you love, but don't get offended. Just think smugly about what an angry little person I am, and how much better you are because you're above judging people for the shoes they are wearing. Also, I'm old, so I'm allowed to grumble about pointless things that don't affect me. I'm going to write angry letters to the TV after this.
1. Gladiator shoes. God, I hate those things, and they just keep hanging around and hanging around. They are hideously ugly and I want them to be gone.
2. Those big chunky plastic watches that look like they were purchased at a service station.
3. Professionally manicured nails. Particularly French manicured nails. They make me think of porn stars.
4. Really thick eyebrows. I cannot watch Jennifer Connolly movies because I am constantly distracted by the urge to take a pair of tweezers to those caterpillars dancing around on her face.
5. Facial piercings - a controversial one I know, since there's a good chance that half of you reading this have one. They're super popular, but I hate them. I don't understand why people want something on their face that looks like a giant zit.
6. Really long hair on women over 40. I know - JUDGEMENTAL.
7. Open-toed shoes on men. Men wearing sandals or thongs just - ugh. UGH.
8. Rolled up jeans on men. Did you just come from splashing about in a rockpool? No, you didn't. Roll your pants down, you look like an idiot.
9. YouTube vloggers who feel the need to explain what a favourites video is. EVERY FREAKIN' MONTH. I know I rant about this one constantly, pretty much monthly actually, when they all start doing it again. WE GET IT. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.