Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Genius Storage Idea for Perfume Samples That I Wish Was Mine

Right, so hold on to your hats, perfume buddies. I found this brilliant idea thanks to Lipstick & Libraries, and promptly stole it, and it's freakin' GENIUS.


This is my current storage for samples, and it's not that satisfactory. I have them sorted into companies and stored in little empty cosmetic jars. It's neat enough, I suppose, but still a bit too cluttery for my liking.

But then Lipstick & Libraries wrote a blog post about using bullet boxes as storage, and I headed straight to eBay to investigate. As an Australian, and like most Australians, I have no experience of weaponry or its accroutrements, and I didn't even know there was such a thing as a bullet box (though I guess it makes sense that there is). But seek eBay and ye shall find, so I bought one to check it out and see how it went.


Size matters, apparently. I followed instructions and got the box that holds 38/357 (whatever that means), and it is the perfect size for standard sample vials. It doesn't hold the bigger ones, like Common Brimstone's screw tops or Darling Clandestine's 1.5ml taller ones, but that's okay. As long as the majority of my samples can be tucked away neatly, I'm happy.


If you're one of those people who gets all antsy about rolled labels, this is obviously not going to be for you. However, I don't care about them and I don't sell my samples - I just give them away - so I don't need to keep them all 'collectably pristine'. So these are mostly Possets and Arcana with the labels rolled up to fit neatly.



Ta da! I. LOVE. THIS. It's small - about the size of an iphone - and it's a fantastic way to keep samples both tidy and also upright so they don't leak. Also, considering I'm a touchy feely lefty feminazi who hates guns, I feel like I'm giving a tiny bit of ner ner by using a bullet box to store something lovely and harmless.

Paddlepop Lion, what  do you think?


2 comments:

  1. That is flipping brilliant and my you have a sexy perfume stash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so much! I've already ordered a couple more.

      Delete