If you're anything like me, you probably know that feeling of being completely overwhelmed in the morning trying to decide which makeup to wear. If it's a week day I will usually end up gravitating towards the same super basic things and on weekends if I'm not planning on going out anywhere I'll mess about with some weird and whacky stuff, but there's a whole ton of product in between those extremes that just gets ignored.
I decided to start hauling out what I'm going to use for the week and keep it in the bathroom, so everything eventually gets a run. I figure that will also be a good way to properly test things I haven't really used much and see what I like and what I don't like. I know I stole the gist of this idea from someone, but I don't remember who, so my apologies for not crediting.
For my first week I'm starting off gently, with face products I know I like already, and mostly neutral, quick to apply eye and lip makeup. If I go well in the first week I'll branch out a bit more adventurously in subsequent weeks, with more brightly coloured eyeshadows and such. There are also certain things I use pretty much every day and they are already in a drawer in the bathroom - things like contour (NYX Taupe), highlighter (Face of Australia), eyebrows (NYX Cake Powder in Ash), primer (Face of Australia Face Base), and so on. I might mix those up if I use up a product - the FOA Face Base is nearly done, for example. But while they're in action, they're pretty much my go to products.
So here's everything for the week starting Monday, September 23.
Face (blushes not pictured because I forgot them):
- Wet n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation in 817 Light
- Palladio Rice Powder in RP02 Translucent
- Milani Minerals Blush in Luminous
- elf HD Blush in Headliner
- Simplicity Cosmetics Blush in Peony
- Coastal Scents Shadow Worx Eyeshadow Primer
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in 15 Audacious Asphalt
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 611 Yoghurt
- Benefit They're Real! Mascara in Black
- Milani Shadow Wear Quad in Exotic Berries
- Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Strawberry Fudge
- Sigma Eye Shadow in Indian Girl
- L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow in 890 Bronzed Taupe
- L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow in 033 Tender Caramel
- Rimmel Apocalips in 101 Celestial
- Rimmel Apocalips in 201 Solstice
- Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in 3103
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Airy Fairy
- Prescriptives Lipstick in Azalea
- Lacura Beauty Lipstick in 108 Soft Rose
- NYX Lipliner Pencil in 858 Nude Pink
- NYX Lipliner Pencil in 810 Natural
- Wet n Wild Megalast Salon Nail Color in Haze of Love
Hmmm. In swatching these I realise I've chosen a lot of very similar colours, so let's see how that goes.