One of my favourite pictures of Noodles, from about 10 years ago.
1. 2012 was an awful year for respect towards women, in so much as there was very little of it. I'm not going to rehash all the reasons - I'll just get angry all over again, and you all know them anyway. Suffice to say I will not be shedding a tear if Alan Jones finally shuffles off this mortal coil in 2013. What I'd love to see this year is more positive support, both from men and from each other. Let's stop bagging out women who don't fit the Hollywood norm of 'beauty' and yet still have the nerve to be on our screens. Let's stop blaming women who are attacked for being out and about in the first place. Let's stop making ourselves miserable and boring everyone else shitless with our diet obsessions. Let's stop judging mothers for not meeting whatever our own lofty standards of perfection are. Starving a child = abuse. Formula feeding =/= abuse. And so on. In short, let's just be nice.
2. I am really enjoying my perfume a day reviews. I've found a handful of perfume oil fans who also have blogs I'm enjoying reading, such as La Domna, Liber Vix, Brightest Star of All, and Iris Handmade Soaps, and it's so nice to be back into one of my longstanding hobbies again. My only problem is that my wishlist won't stop growing.
3. TV shows I'm hanging out for the return of this year:
- Breaking Bad (of course)
- Mad Men
- Game of Thrones
- The Walking Dead.
- Once Upon A Time
- Glee (ugh)
- How I Met Your Mother.
4. I'm on holiday at the moment and I've been home for a week. I had plans to get up early every morning and do all sorts of useful things. Very little of that has happened. I have another week off, so maybe I can get started on all that tomorrow...
5. I'm finding myself increasingly distracted by overly botoxed and derma-filled faces on TV these days. Both men and women from about 26 onward have these ridiculously smooth, unlined, expressionless foreheads and frankly, it's just creepy. If you're in your 40s, it is OKAY to look like you're in your 40s. Check out Connie Britton. She looks like a 40-something woman, but she's still gorgeous.
6. Don't forget to check out Twyla's generous 20% off for readers of this blog! The code is PRISSYPERFUME and it will run until 12 Feb.